Wednesday, December 20, 2017

WOYWW #446

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends!! Christmas time is near!!! I would like to report that since my open confession last week that I had not bought ANY Christmas gifts yet.....I have since bought a few!! Woop, woop!! Can you feel the excitement!! LOL Now, that by NO means is to suggest that I am even NEAR through, but hey....I still have four more days! LOLOLOL

So it's that time of the week that we show off our digs as a part of WOYWW over on Julia's blog Stamping Ground!! Come check ALL the lovely crafters' desks and perhaps play along! This week I a going to share several photos (sorry Julia), but MAJOR squeals are coming from my "art closet" and I have to share!

A couple of weeks ago I shared about my wonderful, long time coveted, Christmas gift to myself and this week I want to share that......IT'S HERE!! Yipee!! I'm doing the jig, doing the jig, doing the jig!!! LOL Yes, you could rightly say that it really doesn't take much to make me happy, and I mean that literally, but this long awaited gift to myself makes me squeal with delight! So what is on my work desk this week?????? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! LOL
Oh the glory of it all.....or none! LOL
Look my friends.....I have elbow room!!! I can ACTUALLY see the top of my desk! I was about to bust to get my new gift out of the box and put it together! And I did. I finished about midnight the night before last and had to FORCE myself to go to bed and not start cleaning my art closet! But alas, I did and last night I came home and began cleaning and organizing with my new found space!!
So you really can't tell about my space because of the angle of this shot and because my closet is so small I couldn't show more, but my cart is there for you to see with all it's glory and you can see that I have underneath storage units that are filled with goodies and then the storage units go to the left behind my Raskog cart down the wall as well. I have some space about my desk that you can see from the first photo that I smaller storage units and then the shelf above that, that you can't see, has journals and art books and magazines that I use as inspiration! I can't believe that I finally have this guy and all the space I have now on my desk! It's the best and I sure hope I can keep it that way! By the way, it was midnight when I finished again! LOL But in light of that......I did do a little crafting to test out my new space......
So as a part of several online challenges that I love to take part in, I am trying to finish up a journal page and an ATC! My last day at work until after the 1st is tomorrow, so I am going to try to get these both done and share tomorrow as I don't really have internet, except my phone, at home, so it's always hard to share from my house...I usually post from work (I know....bad me!) One day, I will get in this century! LOL

Well, in other news, yesterday was my 19th wedding anniversary! Yep, can't believe it! Seems like yesterday we walked in that little church! My hubby and I have been through some times together! Some bumpy and some amazing, but through it all, God has seen fit to bless us and keep us under His wing! I think the best thing we've done right through it all, is our two amazingly beautiful girls that I would walk through fire for! I'm sooooooo thankful for my life! :)

My husband drives a truck, so most weeks hes gone and then comes in on the weekends. But yesterday, it just so happened (thanks Father God), he was making a pass back through our town to get to Boca Raton, so me and my girlies hopped in the car and met him at the interstate for a romantic Anniversary dinner at the "Huddle House!" LOLOLOL Folks in the US know this is a breakfast stop, mostly on interstates, that is the farthest thing from romantic!! But, the thought was there and we had a good time! And....he got to see his girls! Here are a couple "romantic" anniversary shots for you! LOLOL
Well, I am sure I was wayyyy over my allotment with sharing, but just had to do it! I hope to post my challenges tomorrow guys! Happy WOYWW to all! :)

Blessings

30 comments:

  1. Awww, Happy Anniversary, you romantic things!! Hope you had fun at the meal - it was just good to be together huh? And you did make me smile with the happy dance about your neat and tidy desk! (I thought I'd come to the wrong place for a moment....*grin*) Have fun messing it all up again.
    Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas,
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL! Jan you had me laughing out loud at my desk! :) I will definitely have fun messing up my desk again! LOLOL We did have fun and I guess that's all that matters! I wish when I did that happy dance I could have lost a few extra pounds I have seemed to add on since Thanksgiving! LOLOL Thanks so much for stopping in and a very Merry Christmas to you! :) Blessings

      Delete
  2. That cart looks right at home there! I remember the feeling of excitement when I got mine! Love how these little things can make us happy! Enjoy the extra space on your desk - you did such a good job with the clean-up! And I've spotted some of my artwork on your shelf - I can not tell you how good that makes me feel and gave me the idea of making a "friend" wall in my art room to display all the lovely stuff I received from all my amazing friends from all over the world! Love the little Christmassy project you're working on to test drive your new creative space! Happy anniversary (I didn't know you were a Christmas couple!) I'll pop back tomorrow to check out those challenges but take the opportunity now to wish you and your family a very happy Christmas, in case I can't make it back on time before you pull down the shutters at work! I hope to see lots of you and your arty staff in 2018, Felicia! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zsuzsa, it FELT RIGHT AT HOME!! Just like I had always had it! Yes the little things just make me giddy, that's for sure! I always said I was a cheap date growing up because all you had to do was take me to eat and I would be happy! LOL I've never really been high maintenance but as I get older, it's less so! Although, I will confess, I'm still a kid in a candy store when I walk into an art store! LOL I just can't seem to help myself! I'm thankful for my new Christmas caddy for sure! I LOVE your "friend" wall idea!! Can I steal it?? I have a few things on my wall already from tag swaps, but maybe I should expand that.....where....I don't know....LOL, but I may have to get to the drawing board on that one! :) Thank you for the anniversary wishes! I wanted to get married in October, but it didn't work out that way, so we got married in December in about 4 weeks and about $400! Phew!!!! We had NO money and thank goodness it was Christmas because the church was already decorated! LOLOL But almost 20 years later and we are not any worse for the wear! :) Zsuzsa, I want to wish you and your sweet family a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS my dear friend! I can say that I am so very blessed to call you friend, even from afar, and have enjoyed all of our laughs! I look forward to many MORE laughs in 2018 and lots of crafty sharing with you! P.S. speaking of sharing.....you NEVER sent me your new addy....I'd love to add to that "friend" wall of yours! I love having your art on display on my desk....it reminds me just how blessed I am! :) Happy New Year my friend! Hugs xo

      Delete
    2. See, just more proof that we are twins separated at birth! I'm as low maintenance as they come and I don't think our hubbies appreciate just what a rare a species we are compared to some other women! They just don't realize that they get an easy ride with us, do they, LOL? We also had a low budget wedding (albeit in July) - just a registry office affair with only two witnesses to attend. (Although my parents did throw a family party when we went back to Hungary to visit them, but technically that wasn't part of our wedding, but at least I got to wear my off-the-shelf, very simple wedding dress once more to get some more mileage out of it. I never understood people who spend thousands (or even tens of thousands!) on their weddings and years to plan it! That's just not my thing. It's what comes afterwards that counts, not the wedding, right? Felicia, I do hope you've put the bumpy road of 2017 behind you and I wish you all the happiness in the world for 2018! xx

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! And any meal is a romantic one if you make the effort for it! Great job with the craft space. Have a lovely Christmas, Love & Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaz, I couldn't agree more! Thank you for stopping in and your sweet words! Merry Merry Christmas to you and a very Happy New Year! :) Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! And Merry Christmas! Thanks for stopping by! Your cart is fab! I've seen them around at various stores. How exciting to have to room to play!!
    Carol N #22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wishes Carol! Yes ma'am, I LOVE my cart! Who would guess something so trivial could bring so much joy! LOLOL I've been in love with that thing for two years and now I can say IT'S MINE! LOL Thanks for stopping in and a very Merry Christmas to you! :)

      Delete
  5. you look so organized and so many wonderful supplies!! It was a romantic event to meet up at the huddle house,, what a great name I love it! Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Thanks so much for sharing with us today,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I never looked at the "Huddle House" in that way before!!!! LOL Now, I will only ever look at it that way! Thanks for putting a spin on my wonderful Anniversary Day! :) Thank you so much for stopping in and a very Merry Christmas to you as well! Blessings

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary, and Happy Christmas... enjoy your kart and your tidy craft room! (oh the dream!! ) Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny Helen! Thank you so much and thank you so much for stopping in! :) Merry, Merry Christmas! :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary, what a lovely photo, and how romantic having a Christmas wedding. Your space looks super neat and tidy and I love your enthusiasm now you have more room to work, I can really relate to that, as I'm needing more space urgently - I might just have to look into new storage now you've got me enthused!!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas,
    Diana xx #13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyyy Diana! I'm glad I could enable someone else for a change as ALLLL the other crafters in our "arty world" have enabled me!!! LOLOLOL Go for it, that new storage unit awaits you! LOLOL Yes, our Christmas Wedding was very magical! I wanted October, but God wanted December! I'd say His ideas are usually better than mine! LOL Thank you so much for stopping by Diana and THANK YOU so much for all of your lovely inspiration! You are an amazing crafter! :) Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  8. Happy anniversary and Merry Christmas. That cart seems to hold tons of supplies. You look very organised now. Good luck with the rest of the Christmas preparations. Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! That wonderful cart does hold a ton!! I am so in love with it! LOL A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! Blessings and thanks, as always, for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Felicia - and hubby!!! Happy Anniversary. How good is our Father God? Congratulations on 19 years. Who cares WHERE you celebrated - the important thing is you WANTED to celebrate! John and I had over 44 years together - and we, too, can say God was faithful, kept us together and close, through thick and thin, ups and downs.
    Weyhey - your table came! Enjoy!!!
    Have a very special Christmas with Jesus.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margaret How extremely wonderful for your 44 years! Not sure hubby and I will make that number since we got started so late, but I will take all that God gives us! He is indeed a good, good Father and so extremely faithful! :) Yep, my IKEA cart FINALLY came in and I am so totally in love! Odd, I know, but hey being in love with a storage cart is pretty tame! LOL Thanks for coming by and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!: )

      Delete
  10. Hi Felicia. I love your post this week .... so much happiness radiating, from the tidy up, the cart, the extra space, your anniversary and the romantic meal! Happy wedding anniversary, and best wishes to you and your family for Christmas, Heather #32

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather you are too sweet! :) You made my day! :) Thank you so much for you wishes and a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family as well! Many blessings and thank you for stopping in this week!: )

      Delete
  11. I totally get your excitement. It all looks great! all that work and suddenly an acre of space to play in, no wonder you had to get going! And I think any old breakfast stop, truck stop, street cart will do for an anniversary romance if you’re making the effort, and you did! congratulations! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Julia? I'm still in awe over how much room I have to play around in now!!! I agree with your thoughts on our anniversary! The effort is ALL worth it! We had a good time! Thank you so much and thank you for stopping in! Merry Christmas to you! :)

      Delete
  12. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!! 19 years is wonderful!!! Love your smiles in the picture. What a blessing to see each other on your anniversary - God is so very good!!!! Your crafty cart looks great (and full). What fun!!!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much my wonderful friend! :) We are jokesters at heart, hence the "cheese" grins! We love being hams! It was good to get to see him because it was totally a surprise, he wasn't supposed to be driving through, but God is such an orchestrator! :) Yippee for my cart, right? I was surprised how much I got in it, but it was fun stocking it! I was sitting at my art table last night looking at that beautiful cart just still in awe! I'm in love to be sure! It's the simple things right? Thanks for coming by Wanda! A very Merry Christmas and the most blessed new year to you, Chuck (whom I hope is breathing better these days!) and kids! Here's to a brand new year of arty goodness! Blessings :)

      Delete
  13. Happy Anniversary to you both, lovely photo. Great piece of kit you have there and what a difference it has made to your desk. Now we both have tidy desks, don't know about you but I know mine wont last Lol! Thanks for the visit to mine, have a good Christmas and a great woyww too, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela!! Yes, my cart has made a difference on my desk FOR SURE! We just have to keep each other accountable for those tidy desks! LOLOL I'm like you though, not sure how long it will last! LOLOL Thanks for stopping in Angela and Merry Christmas to you! :)

      Delete
  14. That cart is perfect. I know you will love it because I have one, but not for crafting. Celebrate your new craft room (bet it feels new now) and have a wonderful Christmas with hubby and the girls. Hope you have many more romantic meet ups on the highways.
    God Bless, Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Neet that was the sweetest comment! Thank you so much and I agree....many more meet ups on the highways! :) I am so in love with that cute little cart and I am thrilled to have it especially for like what you said "new little craft room!" LOLOL You have a most blessed Christmas and prosperous new year! :) Blessings

      Delete
  15. Can totally feel your excitement, super Ikea purchase and well filled. Have a Happy Christmas and a Crafty New Year BJ#27

    ReplyDelete